My Observations

* Disclaimer *

These are my thoughts; though they may be public domain, please have enough respect and understand that they are mine and are not for the use of your own deviant agenda.

Sunday, February 29, 2004

Today I woke up with an overwhelming feeling of all that I need to accomplish. Throughout the morning I was pretty much pounded with more stress. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it all. But I have decided to only take it one day at a time. I cannot be lazy or selfish with my time for the next 2 weeks. Or until the dinner is done. Tonight I get to ask more people for help. I'm nervous. But I know that God can go before me. I can't take a long time writing today. I have a lot to accomplish.

But I've been wanting to post the pictures of disneyland ! :) So here they are.
From left to right top to bottom
1. The Gang - clockwise starting with jess in the front. Jess, Marc, Phil, Tim, Annette, Keith, Sean, Sam and me.
2. Sam, Keith, Jess, Marc and Sean
3. Marc posing :)
4. Just a cute shot of Marc, Sean, Sam, Keith and Jess
5. Me and Pluto
6. Keith, Pluto and Jess
7. Marc and Jess in an appropriate car, since they were driving to Wisconsin to live the next day.
8. We had to add Sam in the back pushing the car because he was going with them to help drive.
9. Sam and me
The Gang - clockwise starting with jess in the front. Jess, Marc, Phil, Tim, Annette, Keith, Sean, Sam and meSam, Keith, Jess, Marc and SeanMarc posing :)
Just a cute shot of Marc, Sean, Sam, Keith and JessMe and PlutoKeith, Pluto and Jess
Marc and Jess in an appropriate car, since they were driving to Wisconsin to live the next dayWe had to add Sam in the back pushing the car because he was going with them to help driveSam and me

Well there you have it. Now I've spent too much time on this and need to get busy with all the other things I have to work on. :) I will write more later.


Friday, February 27, 2004

I'm sitting here now, grateful for my time here at Sam's place. It's definitely been a time to get away from it all. I've been going to bed REALLY early and I think it's just because I need the relaxation. When I'm at my place I think too much about what all I have to do. Whether it's for work, school, church or just for myself. Tonight I plan on pampering myself. Shaving, doing a facial, I'd even do my nails but I didn't bring anything like that to do them with. Too bad... It's only 5:40pm! I have the WHOLE night ahead of me! This is great!

Today was actually a decent day at work too. I'm finally grasping things and can set some sort of weekly schedule. Like Deactivations need to be done on Tuesdays, Installed List on Wednesdays, Suspended List on Thursdays, and Credits on Fridays. It'll work out once I get everything under control. The whole atmosphere at work was more relaxed. Probably because it was Friday too. But Tim ordered pizza for everyone. I went with him to pick it up, he and I haven't had a lot of time to chat at work being so busy and all. It was a good time. I miss our chats.

I have a creative memories party at the church to go to tomorrow and I then get to pick Sam up from the airport in the evening! YAY! I've missed him. I have barely been able to talk to him when he calls. It's usually "hi, I'm on the road, where at such and such place, gotta go again, bye." So it'll be nice to sit and talk to him about his adventures across America! I mean in a way it's too bad they had to rush the trip... Enjoy each stop as they went. But I know they are just glad to be there. I wonder how Jess is holding up in the cold. She's never been to a place like that. Unlike myself, I've lived in Alaska and Montana. I know what cold is. :) Though I've been spoiled living out in California for the last 12 years. WOW! It's been 12 years! Crazy.

Well as much as I'm in the mood to write I should probably go enjoy my last night at Sam's place. I hope whoever reads this has a wonderful weekend!


So I had to add a new picture that I just got when I returned back to Sam's place.

The header is "Sam talking to some chick"... hmmm I wonder who that chick could be??? ;)

More pictures from Marc's trip. They made it to Rhinelander last night and have been touring for the day since they can't move into their new place till Sunday.

On the road in Wisconsin

Jess taking a snooze... They have to be tired of driving!

Sam in front of the town mascot!!! The HODAG!

In front of Marc's new place. You can barely see it but they have their sheepdog Cali in the shot.

Gotta get back to work

Thursday, February 26, 2004

So sometimes I wonder why we as humans go through so many different emotions... I was having a great day up until one small moment and now my heart is feeling compressed and I'm emotional. And no.... It's not that time of the month. Well I'm off to make the deposit. I just needed to get that out there for some odd reason. Maybe it's because I wrote a venting email and didn't send it and it felt like I didn't get it off my chest enough. I'm gonna go pick up a toothbrush and towel and possibly a couple new sweatshirts. I've been living in sweatshirts lately. They are comforting. Hopefully once I leave work and get some fresh air my heart and mind won't be so pre-occupied with frustration.


Ok so this is a tacky name for a gas station. My cousins were telling me about this place when I went to Montant in November but they also think In & Out is not such a great name either ;)

Kum N Go

Sam's getting daring on his trip! Show some leg!

More snow!

A co-worker sent this to me. I thought it was unique.

"Everybody, Somebody, Nobody & Anybody"
Once upon a time, there were four people;
Their names were Everybody, Somebody, Nobody and Anybody.
Whenever there was an important job to be done, Everybody was sure that somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it,
but Nobody did it.
When Nobody did it, Everybody got angry because it was Everybody's job.
Everybody thought that Somebody would do it,
but Nobody realized that Nobody would do it.
So consequently Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done in the first place.

I guess they stopped somewhere in Iowa I think. Which places them close to Wisconsin but they can't move into their house in Wisconsin until Friday so I think they will stall a bit there. I haven't received any new pictures yet.

So last night was my first night at Sam's... It was a bit awkward being in a new place and all. I woke up 3 or 4 times but I went to bed early enough for that not to affect me too bad. The cats kept taking over the bed and I'd feel bad when I rolled over on top of them or move my legs and accidentally pushed them off the bed. It was raining hard all night. So that was nice to hear. I was fairly comfortable there. I usually feel weird about different noises and such but I feel safe at his place. I woke up and got ready and that's always no fun when it's someone else's place because you don't have a set routine. Everything is moved around. AND he didn't have large towels so my hair couldn't be wrapped up the way I like it while I get ready. And of course the cats kept getting into everything. So I have a plan for later. I plan on keeping the cats OUT of the bathroom while I get ready. I plan on bringing a large towel from home. Oh and I forgot my toothbrush! :( I had to use my finger... ewww

So today I get to go to my doctors. I have a headache for some strange reason. I'm hoping she'll tell me the best route for my immunizations. I think it might be cheaper... Not sure. But I have to get them done. So I really don't have a choice.

Well I gotta get to work.


Wednesday, February 25, 2004

3 new pics!


Marc Driving

A Bridge!

So I'm OUTA HERE! I get to go and relax tonight! YAY!


Marc has been so cool. :) He's been sending me pics from his camera phone throughout the trip. So far on
Day 1 they went from Ontario Ca. to New Mexico
Day 2 they went from New Mexico to Granbury TX
Day 3 they will stop off somewhere between where they are now to Rhinelander. So here's what I've gotten

Welcome to Arizona

Pretty Rainbow


Gas Pumps in Texas covered in snow

So here's their route that they've already covered as of today.

This is their plan for the rest of their trip. This part will take them a day and a half. They will be stopping somewhere near Rhinelander to sleep.

So there you have it. I've gotta get to work.


Monday, February 23, 2004

I went to Disneyland and had a blast! It's the first time I went since I was with my ex. It brought back a flood of memories but I'm happy to find that I have made new memories there. :) I'll have to post pictures! It was AWESOME! We went for just half a day but it was worth it. We got down there by 3pm and turns out Marc ended up buying my ticket inside which was cool. We couldn't go on Indiana Jones or Space Mountain because they were working on it. :( But we went on everything else we could. I got some funny pictures at Toon Town. Believe me if I can... I'll post them tonight. Finally we were heading out and decided to buy season passes. We'll be able to upgrade after my trip to Lesotho.

Today is mellow for being a Monday and having an insanely busy weekend! I am housesitting for Sam but have decided not to spend the night tonight or Tuesday because of inconvenience. But I will definitely be spending the night Wednesday - Friday. I barely got any sleep this weekend. I was up early saturday for work, and up early for church and up WAY late coming back from Disneyland. I didn't get to bed till 12:00am! And I had to wake up at 5. I was exhausted and there was an accident on the way in and I barely made it to work on time. So no starbucks run for me. :( But luckily my manager said she needed coffee so I figured that was a perfect chance to recommend and offer to pay if she let me grab a coffee. :) And she did!

So tonight after work I have to run to Sam's and feed the cats and grab his keys and clicker. He is already on the road. Then I'm hoping to stop off and grab a couple sweatshirts from Target or something. I'm tired of my same old ones that I have. I need more variety.

Well my break is almost done. So I gotta go. I am hoping that I can get off work at a decent hour. I need to be to Sam's by 6pm and I want to be home at a decent hour and have some time to relax.

Bye (and I'll post the pics as soon as I can)

Saturday, February 21, 2004

I'm sitting at my billing desk at linkLINE on a Saturday listening to Ben Folds Live chewing on some pizza crust for my lunch that was left over from our going away party for Marc yesterday at work. I'm really gonna miss him.

Here's his blog

He's one of my favorite people to work with. He's just as smiley as me and always helps ground me when I'm overwhelmed. He's moving to Wisconsin next week.

Check out this teeny tiny town
Check out the teeny tiny mayor of his town!

Either way I'm gonna miss him. He'll be doing some work for linkLINE out there so I'll still keep in touch but it's different.

Yesterday I went and got pizza from Costco (which is ACTUALLY really good!), I got a Costco cake with greenbay packers colors on it (which is his favorite team, and I'm also starting to think was one of the main reasons for moving to Wisconsin) and written on it was (We'll Miss You Supajeenyus!) which was my nickname for him. I had my dad make a card that fit the moment and we all signed it. I think he felt appreciated.

Well anyways, this was my day yesterday. I'm supposed to go Sunday with a bunch of us from linkLINE to Disneyland but I have to present our Lesotho board and there is a guest speaker from Africa! So I'll have to meet them down there later. But that still kinda sucks because I don't have a season pass. That's a lot of money to plunk down for 1/2 a day. But it'll be the last time I see Marc and Jess for a while anyways ( I do intend on visiting them, but we'll see if that ever happens).

So today I'm work on a Saturday to work some overtime. I have worked my butt off. I did some strenuous things. Bringing down boxes of paperwork from the loft and then putting a bunch more boxes of paperwork in it's place. I was working out hard. And now I'm waiting for him to need me anymore... I'm doing small things for billing. But my lunch break is over so I should get back to work.

I plan on going after work to go buy some doc martins! yay...

well it looks like my day could be cut short... I'm not needed so much anymore. I guess I should get some work done and then go shopping and go home.


Tuesday, February 17, 2004

God is good!

Sometimes you wonder how God works things out in his grand scheme of things. Usually you never know where He's taking you but then there are those moments that you see a glimpse of where things are going, or why they happened a certain way.

Yesterday I had two very minimal moments but I saw how if I had handled it the way I wanted to I could have really screwed up His plan. Well you can't really mess up His plan, but you can humiliate yourself. I came very close to humiliating myself but instead I had to humble myself and admit my wrong and ya know.... I'm soo glad I humbled myself or I would have felt so foolish. And believe me there is a difference between humiliating yourself and humbling yourself. I'm also learning the benefit of holding your thoughts to yourself and thinking about what you're going to say before you say it. This thinking before you speak really makes you keep your mouth shut a lot! hehe

I also got blessed yesterday. Well I won't see the benefit till Friday (payday!). I won't know exactly how much till then but my raise took affect and will be in my last pay period so beginning in February! I'm sooo happy. I can't wait.

Things with the benefit dinner for Lesotho are all coming together amazingly! Things are just falling into place. I can't wait! I mean we're really pushing it to be completed by the dates specified but God did a miracle with the parking lot sale, I know He'll do the same for this!

I've also had my ex on my mind a lot. I hear he's engaged and I'm curious to who he's going to marry. I think about the guy I am currently interested in but am still feeling out the waters and I realize that there are people that just seem better for you then others. My ex was definitely someone that I *wasn't* supposed to be with. I get so much more out of the person that I'm now seeing it's amazing to compare the two. I spent 3 years with my ex and only months with my current person and I've gotten so much more out of it, emotionally and literally. My ex left me with a debt of a ridiculous amount and when approached about it he said I deserved to pay it off. Of course this was said in the heat of anger but to this day I still have not seen any payments. Where as the person I'm seeing now gives me everything! I don't ask for it, he gives it to me. I say I hope to get something someday and the next week I have it from him. It's just odd. And I wonder if my ex and his fiance' work better and he's more willing to give to her then he was to me because they are better for eachother. I can only hope that's the case. Because everyone should feel as spoiled as I do. :) I'm really not trying to bag on my ex. I just realize that some people work better together.

Well I guess I should get going.

Thursday, February 12, 2004

This is the first night that I'm home at a decent hour and really have the night to myself!


So this is my plan...
Write in my blogger (currently doing) ;)
Stuff more envelopes with Lesotho letters to send off, (Hopefully watch a movie in the background while I do that.)
Take a break at 7:30 and go tanning before they close. Come home finish if I need to...

So first things first. Write in my blogger. I'm in the talking mood but ironically enough I'm not in the listening mood. I don't want to have to call anyone and listen to what they have to say. That's why I've decided that I definitely need to write in my blogger. I can talk all I want and not have to listen to anyone else. :-D

I had a great day at work today! I finally felt like I accomplished a lot in a day. I even remembered to call my sister-in-law and wish her a happy b-day, call Kelly Papers to get information on our formal dinner invitations/tickets, work and accomplish not only working with tech support but started a billing manual, and even had time to do the CEO a favor and inventory the entire two suites! Now mind you this was summary inventories but any object more expensive then $20. That was quite a bit.

There is a possibility that my raise will finally hit this paycheck or next. YAY! And I found out from Carlos the guy we wanted to hire to take my place (that we couldn't hire until mid to late March) is coming in for his Final Interview tomorrow at 10am! This means that they know they can get him on board sooner then expected. Another YAY!

And the biggest YAY of all... I have $1,060.00 towards my 2,300.00 I need total for my trip! YAY!!!!

Ok I should be off stuffing envelopes.


Wednesday, February 11, 2004

I am WAY busy! I can't wait for my trip to Africa! We had our first conference call about the trip on Sunday! The whole team was there and it was just exciting. Realizing it's so close. We're going to arrive in Johannesburg and spend the first day catching up on sleep and getting used to the time difference. Then we'll travel into the lowlands of Lesotho and build a green house which will create jobs too. Work is crazy... Gotta Go.

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Check out my new hair cut! I love it!

I went to bed late last night. It was a horrible night. Work was fine actually; I got home at a decent hour. I went to a meeting that night for a possible youthcenter location that would be open during the week and weekends. There are 6 people wanting to be involved. Either way it was a bit discouraging because 2 people couldn't show. The others were tired and negative. And by the end of the meeting I was excited, nervous, concerned and worried. It was weird.

I get home and had a fight with Sam that lasted way longer then it should have. Actually it shouldn't have lasted at all. I think I was just having a rough night and was being too aggressive. By about 11:30 I realized that the dresser that I had taken 3 hours to work on was out in the rain and was now ruined! I was totally depressed and just started crying. I know, it seems so trivial and in a way it was, but if you get enough trivial things they can stack up to be a pretty intense emotion. I finally went to sleep at 12 am and woke up at 5am.

I got ready and tried to come to grips with the waste of emotions from the night before. As I was getting ready Sam called to make sure I was ok. (Heís truly the best) I checked on my dresser and it indeed was soaked. I doubt Iíll be able to save it even if I let it dry out. I get out to my car which is covered in at least 2 inches of snow! I couldnít even get my door open. It took a pretty aggressive tug to get it to break free from the snow that encased it. I was worried about the drive down the hill but it all worked out ok and I only ended up being 5 minutes late.

So now Iím sitting here waiting for my day to start and anxious to get back up the hill for my hair appointment today. I only have to work half a day. Thank God!

Well I gotta get to work.