My Observations

* Disclaimer *

These are my thoughts; though they may be public domain, please have enough respect and understand that they are mine and are not for the use of your own deviant agenda.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

It's been a good day. An expensive day... but good non-the-less. hehe I got home late and woke up early for how late I went to sleep. I had a meeting with an elder in the church at 11:00 about the direction of the youthgroup. It went well. I got a lot of good ideas and I can't wait to encorporate them into the Salteens.

Yesterday was my moms bday so I chose to spend today with her, take her out to lunch, go see a movie, buy her a birthday present and just have a girls day. She had counseling at 12 so she told me to take my time. So when I was done with the meeting at noon I decided to head over to the Sprint store to pick up a new phone. I had my heart set on the LG PM-225which is what I ended up getting. I qualified for the Sprint Mail-In Rebate of 150.00 so the phone wasn't that expensive. I love it! I got the red one. I've been playing with all the possibilities all day today.

My mom called as I was in the Sprint store to tell me her counseling appointment never showed up. So I told her I would be there as soon as possible. I got everything I needed and went to pick up my mom and take her out to lunch. She chose Mimi's Cafe and I have to say that it was the worst food I've had in a LONG time... I didn't like my lunch but have found that the last three times I've been (in a years time) I haven't been that happy with it accept for the breakfast and bread... So my mom and I decided we will stay away from Mimi's... We went back to the house to look for lamps for my mom on the internet to get an idea of where to go. All the lamps we saw on seemed too pricey. We ended up finding a couple we liked on amazon of all places... and they were from lampsplus! So we decided since there was a Lamps Plus in Upland we would just drive down and let her decide which finish she wanted. We got there and within a few minutes found a set of four that we liked. Here's a link but she got the darker bronze finish. When we got them home and put up they totally change the look of the living room! I'm sooo glad I got them for her... My brother brian is going to pitch in as well.

So after Lamps Plus we ended up heading back up the hill because it was too early for our 7:30 movie, Must Love Dogs. Cute movie, a must see if you are a John Cusack fan (like myself) or if you are a chick flick lover (also like myself) OR if you are a Dermot Mulroney fan (like my best friend Rachel). hehe

Either way I finally am home. I played with my phone some more and I'm getting ready to go to bed. All-in-all a good day.

There are a couple close family and friends going through a rough time and today was a really tough one for me to keep my cool in listening to what they are going through. It's so hard to hear people I care about being torn apart by the enemy (enemy = satan). My sister especially. It breaks my heart and I ache for her to be out of the situation she has been put in. All I can do is pray. I mean there is nothing physically I can do. I've asked her if there is and really I know that she needs to lean on God right now. Same with my best friend Rachel with the little girl she's been taking care of for close to 8-10 months. I believe she's 10 months old and Rachel got her at 2 months that's why I give that time frame because I'm not absolute. Rosie has become part of their family and her real mother just got out of jail and wants her back. It's so hard because we all knew this could and most likely would happen but it didn't stop us from falling in love with her and was expected of Rachel and her family. And to top matters off the mom wants Rachel to bring Rosie to her but won't return phone calls so right now Rachel is in limbo of how this is all going to work. It just makes my heart ache even more for her. It would be soo hard to not know what day is going to be her last with Rosie.

Anyways, so I would say today was an awesome day, but I've had these two issues looming over my head. I guess the only thing to do is pray. I told Rachel after her update that I guess I hadn't spent enough time on my knees today cause it was all getting to me much worse then normal. So for that reason today has not been an awesome day. But for the fact that I have a new phone and was able to bless my mom and well myself, since I was able to spend some good quality time with her, today has been a good day.


Monday, July 18, 2005

Here it is not even 9:30 and I'm seriously considering going to sleep. I happened upon a few regular links I visit daily and saw this new idea that I like for my site... So here goes. My first shot at unkymoods.


Friday, July 15, 2005

I'm sitting in the production room wasting time while David and Sam are finishing up a few machines. We all just went to see Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I left work early because I had a huge headache and David wasn't able to work on the machines because some of the parts weren't in and he would have to wait anyways, so we decided to go watch the movie. Sam, David, Erin, Meng and I all went. It was a really weird movie. But I was impressed with how crazy it was. They did a great job! It's 8:00 and the Vegas traffic is still too much for me to make the trek up the hill. So I'm not sure how long I'll be here or if we all plan on heading over to Sam's. But I figured since I was wasting time I'd post a quick update.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

So I'm listening to my iTunes right now (Staring At the Sun (Mike Hedges Mix)U2 The Complete U2 - The Best Of 1990-2000) bopping my head while I finish up printing the invoices for scidco clients. It's a particularly good billing day in the fact that Brian and his tech have been working a lot of hours and we haven't even finished billing for the first half of the month.

This morning was another rough morning. There is a lot of drama in my life with the youthgroup and I find myself really affected by all that's going on. So at some point I was able to let it go and enjoy my day. I finally realized I am not going to be able to change anything, only God can at this point.

Now I'm in an upbeat, joyful mood. I drove home with the music blaring and enjoying the drive even though it was pretty warm even considering I was heading home at 7pm instead of my normal 5pm. I had to work late and add a bunch of new wholesale rates. I got home to find that my iTrip that I ordered on Amazon came in! woohoo! So I pulled it out of it's package and hooked it up immediately. I can't wait for my drive to work. Though I hear it's not the best quality, I'll be curious to how it does going down the hill.

So tonight my goal is to relax, pamper myself with a facial and shaving my legs. hehe I'm totally getting used to my new bed! I love it! It's sooo nice when I wake up and I don't have to feel my back creak in the morning when I am forced to stretch side to side.

Well I have an hour before my attempted bedtime so I'm gonna go pamper myself. Looks like I'm gonna have to work this weekend... Tomorrow I plan to avoid the Vegas traffic at all cost. Sam, David, myself and some others were going to go see "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" tomorrow night but David is forced to work late and early tomorrow. Which also means no late night trip to pick up our copy of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter #6) that will be available at midnight. David and I are devastated! ;) But I guess since I have to work Saturday I may as well pick our copies up on the way to the office.

Oh and last night I was looking for pictures of my friend Turtle I took a while ago that I wanted to show someone, when I found some old versions of my site! My very first attempts at html and web design... Before I even registered! I'm sooo going to post them as Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 to the current version 4.0 ! hehe It was a trip to look at... I am really excited I found them. hehe

Ok going now... as iTunes Party Shuffle is playing Out of Control U2 The Complete U2 - Boy (yet another U2 song... hehe).

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I'm not in the best of moods today. I had a lot come down on me last night and I didn't sleep well. I woke up tired and cranky. I got to work and got a call from my friend. She challenged me on something and it bugged me because she was right. I hadn't realized that something I did was not biblically right. The intentions were not to do wrong in any way and the situation was totally innocent. I kept defending my actions because the other parties involved were doing worse. That doesn't change the fact that what I did was still out of line from what the Bible tells me. So now I'm beating myself up even more over it. I'm struggling to be bubbly and upbeat. I'm thankful my parents are coming home tonight.

I feel so far from God right now. I haven't been seeking Him as much or at all. I really feel emotionally drained. I think I'm so physically tired that my emotions are getting the better of me. I need rest. I want to go into hiding. I need some solitude. Ironically enough I have been on my own a lot the last few weeks, housesitting and all. But it hasn't been relaxing. I've been non-stop on the go. I get home, water the grass, and feed the cats/dogs/rats/hamsters, clean their pens, go to sleep get up and do it all over again... Thank God my parents are coming home tonight.

So ok... something funny did kinda just happen. hehe A solicitor came through the door at work and Sam saw him coming into the office from my desk. Sam walks up to the guy and says something like, “we don’t buy from people that are illiterate or don’t read signs” (we have a “No Soliciting” sign on the front door). The solicitor says “oh I’m not illiterate I have a genius IQ”. HA! Sam retorts, “if you’re such a genius why didn’t you read the sign that said no soliciting?” The Solicitor says “Oh I missed it” and at this point Sam is walking away and laughs and says “just get out of here”. It was hilarious because I couldn’t see his face and barely could hear what was being said but I could see Ronda’s face, her mouth dropped open in shock and amuzement of Sam’s boldness. So now that was a good laugh, the stress is slightly relieved and I have to get back to work.

I'll update more later

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Well I've just finally sat down from my first ever hosted fun-filled BBQ! I decided that while my parents were away I should invite some friends over for a bbq. Actually I have to give credit to my co-worker David Berry, because one day I was telling him about a candle party I'm having in like August and he happened to mention that it didn't have to be a candle party to invite him over to see the new house. So I thought about it and he was right. The only time I ever entertained guests were when I had my candle parties... So when I found out I would have the house to myself when my parents went out to Minnesota for a Ring Family Reunion I would host a bbq. So after loads of money and an awesome time I'm finally able to rest my poor feet.

It was a great day all around. I had to wake up early to get a few things accomplished for the day. My new bed was going to be delivered between 9:34am - 1:34pm and I had to leave for church by 9:00am. Sam was awesome enough to come up for the bbq early and wait for the guys to drop off my new bed (and pick up the trash of a bed I've been sleeping on for a couple years now). I looked longingly at my new bed just now. It's awesome! It's got brand new sheets freshly washed on it. :) 350 thread count (not the absolute best but on sale so I couldn't pass em up).

Anyways, I get home from church, check out my new bed, confirm a list for Sam and brother to pick up from Costco. I get started laying things out. My sister came early and she was a lifesaver. She took all the fixin's I had for the burgers and cut them up for me in exchange for me making her brownies. I'm thinking to myself, I definitely got the better end of the deal! I jumped at the chance. hehe Sam and Brian got back before the others started to arrive. Sam was awesome! He just took control of the grill, burgers and polish dogs and I didn't have to worry at all about it. My sister was awesome! She helped with the layout of the food. We set up a system to make it the easiest possible to get everyone through assembly line style. I honestly don't know what I would have done if Sam and Heidi weren't there. I just kept thanking them for all their work. They went above and beyond. Sam made sure the propane tank was refilled, Heidi took the tomatoes, onions and pickles and laid them out nicely on a platter. I mean just the little things they took the extra time to do. It was great! I was able to spend more time socializing then I had expected.

So I had 25 people there at the peak of the day. One family could only stop in for about an hour or so. I was glad they at least showed up.

Dave and Brandi Mancha - If you've kept on my posts his band is the one I recently created a webpage for.
Dave and Erin Berry + 4 (Kyle, Nathan, Resa(?sp), Lillian) - Dave works with me and when I stay late down the hill to avoid Friday night Vegas traffic, Erin and he are usually part of the group I'm hanging out with.
Dave and Michelle Shreve + 3 (Tyler, Ian, Katie) - Family from church. They were the ones that could only stop in for about an hour.
Heidi and Jeff Doss + 3 (Derek, Bailey, Megan) - Most awesome sister in the world and her adorable family. Jeff couldn't stay long he had a late shift at the hospital.
Rachel and Tom Hodkinson + 1 (Rosie) - My best friend and her hubby ... Ended up staying the longest. It was nice to just hang out outside of a youthgroup/church meeting setting.
Sam Clements - The most awesome giving person I know.
Brian Ring - my brother
Mike Thrapp - Brian's roommate and an old family friend
and of course myself.

I got a bunch of pictures which of course I will post some day in the distant future as always. hehe It was a great time. People were late because of traffic on the freeway. But that didn't stop us from having fun. We started with food and then chatting, and we started to play "Scene It". That was the highlight of the day as far as I was concerned. The game is a lot of fun and of course my team won so that could be one reason I had so much fun. hehe I was told by my good friend David Mancha that my first ever BBQ was a success and that he had a lot of fun. But his dialog about anything and everything throughout the day made the day all the more fun. Now they are planning a second... Not sure when I can kick both my parents out... hehehe

Anyways, it's late and my brand new bed is calling my name... I'll update more later... I can barely keep my eyes open.

Good night!

Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th of July!

So here I am at the Morrisons. I woke up before I anticipated. I wanted to sleep in till like noon or something. But oh well. I guess when you consistently wake up early your body gets used to it.

I've been blessed. Saturday my housesitting jobs got cut in half. The Waterbury's son came home Saturday night and would look after the house the remainder of the time, which was supposed to be until July 8th. It was quite a relief actually. Not that it was hard work, just that there was just so much going on. I finished Tambi's house on Saturday too. So now I just have to worry about the Morrison's as well as my parents house when they leave Wednesday this week. I wanted a nice relaxing weekend but it turns out that I have felt non-stop on the go. Last night was the first night I was able to just relax all week.

Friday, Sam, David and I decided to go see "War of the Worlds" on our lunch break. Or I should say on my lunch break since they took the rest of the day off. It was a pretty good movie. I had never heard the radio story or read any of the books so I'm not sure how close it stayed to the original story line. It wasn't the greatest movie ever though. I remember walking out of Mr and Mrs Smith thinking I definitely would go see that again. This one, well... It was just ok. I mean it was intense and emotional, but in the end I just thought it was ok. Since I had never seen the ending I actually felt it was rather cheesy. I had to work a little later to make up the time, but after work I headed over to Sam's place to watch the original Manchurian Candidate with Frank Sinatra and Angela Lansbury. It was your basic black and white movie. We had intended to watch the remake Manchurian Candidate right afterwards but we never got that far. It was Sam, David, Meng, Mike and myself and Heather and Erin showed towards the end of the night.

Saturday, I finished all three houses and made my way to the Morrison's. I didn't sleep well the night before so I was exhausted. I wanted to sleep but knew I had too much to do. I called my friend Russ to confirm plans to get together. We were meeting because he helped me get a bunch of the Battlefield 2 games at a special price since he used to work for EA Games. We decided on Pasadena since that was the somewhat the middle ground and we had originally met for the first time there. So Russ picked out a restaurant (Gale's Restaurant, a nice italian restaurant. All the workers were soooo friendly I would definitely recommend it.) for us to meet at and I got there at 5pm a little before him. I was walking through enjoying the atmospher and looking at some photography displayed on the wall in the bar when two gay guys made the whole trip worth it. I sat and talked to them and laughed about just basic stuff. They were really cool and made me feel REALLY comfortable. They ended up insisting on buying me a drink though I am not one that really likes alcohol at all. So I let them order me whatever they wanted (of course they got some great jokes out of that hehe) which ended up being a glass of white wine. I sipped it the entire time I was at the restaurant and still didn't drink more then half... hehe When Russ got there we had dinner and just caught up on everything that's going on in our lives. After dinner we drove to Colorado Blvd and walked the shops of old Pasadena. It was a good time. I ended up buying a new journal at Barnes and Noble that I'm totally in love with. I almost want to just stop writing in my current journal. hehe But I only have a few more pages. I'm just gonna have to update it.

I finally left Pasadena at about 9:30pm and made my way back home. But on my way I was so wired from my second Grande Peppermint Mocha that I decided to stop by Sam's and drop off his and David's games. Sam was waiting on David for a wireless card so we convinced David to stop by and that way I was able to take my dads laptop home with me that night instead of stopping by the next day.

Sunday I was so exhausted when I got up that I could barely get up for church. But I had hospitality as well as helping out in the nursery that I knew I had to get my lazy butt up. There were more people then anticipated at church, considering it is a holiday weekend. I half expected only the first two rows to be taken. hehe But it wasn't that bad. I had gotten two dozen doughnuts and it wasn't hard to get rid of them! After church I went straight to work. Yup! That's right. I was stuck working on a Sunday. Ugh! I have two projects due by Tuesday and well I didn't think I'd be able to finish them in the first couple hours of work Tuesday. One: because there are a ton of distractions in the mornings. Two: because it's the first day back from a long weekend, too much to catch up on. So I worked from 1pm - 5:30pm and left the projects at a bareable spot to finish up on Tuesday. After all the different places I needed to stop off on the way back; Tambi's to return her house key, gas station to fill up my moms car since she let me use it, parents house to return the car and grab some clothes, back to the gas station because my car was on empty, someplace to grab dinner. I finally made it back here at 8pm! I was so tired and wanted to relax but ended up wasting my time browsing the internet. I checked out the Deep Impact coverage on Nasa. I finally went to sleep at midnight.

And here I am now. It's the 4th of July and I don't have to be at my parents until around 2pm. So I'm being lazy and enjoying my day off. After this I will most likely update my journal. I hope you all have a wonderful and safe Independence Day.


Friday, July 01, 2005

Ok so it's been a while... I am rarely at home these days so I rarely have the time to update my blog. A lot of stuff has happened in the last few weeks. Too much to mull over right now. I am at work and should be focused on an audit but I decided to take a break.
Tis the season for housesitting. I have been checking on the animals for the Waterbury's house since June 23rd, they plan on coming home July 8th possibly sooner. My old manager at Lane Bryant asked me to housesit from June 28th - July 2nd. I'm housesitting for my prayer partner at church from July 1st - July 7th. My parents are leaving for a family reunion July 6th -July 12th.

And I plan on having a bbq at my house on July 9th. I'm inviting a bunch of my friends and their families, friends from work, church and even my new neighbors across the street...

It's Friday! Thank God! And it's an extended holiday weekend! Better yet! The only thing that could have made it better is if it was a payday friday. hehe

Well I should get back to work. I'm taking too much time. I'm going to try to update this weekend if I'm not too busy.