My Observations

* Disclaimer *

These are my thoughts; though they may be public domain, please have enough respect and understand that they are mine and are not for the use of your own deviant agenda.

Thursday, December 29, 2005


Sam just called to tell me that he is about 20 miles away from Wausau Wisconsin! He's about an 1 1/2 away from his new home! The cats are holding up and sleeping but it just got dark so he's concerned they will start howling soon. It sucks when Sam said I'll be home the next time I call I hated the sound of it... It's not home... not yet anyways... but I guess he has to get used to it. :(

(click on the image to see larger view)


Sam just called again... He's just passing Minneapolis, Minnesota and according to Google still has about 4 1/2 more hours to go. I have been chatting with Marc out in Rhinelander and he's got Sam's new place all ready for him. He shoveled the snow out of the driveway and got the place ready for Sam's late arrival tonight.

(click on the image to see larger view)

***NEWER Update***

Sam crossed the border and is in Wisconsin! Somewhere that Google doesn't recognize... St. Croix, Wisconsin. Either way he's on the 94 and going strong. The cats are hangin in there.

So Sam just made it through the border of Minnesota. See image below. Yesterdays journey was from Laramie, Wyoming to Omaha, Nebraska like he had hoped. The cats have been less cooperative today and sadly it's the longer final leg of the trip.

(click on the image to see larger view)

I'm not doing so hot today. I'm very emotional and edgy. I had a rough night last night with my sister and her husband... He's insane from what I can tell. I just can't believe how horrible he's treating my sister. It just makes me sad. So there was more drama last night and I tried to help out in any way that I could. I slept in this morning, got to work late, and have already been moody with a few people ... including Sam... Which I apologize for. It's getting harder as I realize he's not just a parking lot away. Yes, he's a call away. And he's called A LOT! I know he's sad. And that's hard too. It's just a rough day for me. It started out rough and I'm just struggling to be ok with things. Ugh... I wish I could just get out of this funk!

Wednesday, December 28, 2005


Sam is in Alda, Nebraska. He doesn't expect to make it past Omaha tonight.


Sam is in Paxton Nebraska. He's hoping to make it to Omaha, but I am encouraging him to try to get to Des Moines Iowa just because his last day being the longest leg might be hard to take. He's going to wait and see how the cats are holding up. We think Zoey has issues when it's dark. So we'll see. Here is a picture of his current goal.

(click on the image to see larger view)

So Google Maps Rocks! I just got done walking Sam through how to get to Barnes & Noble in Cheyenne, Wyoming from the freeway and gave him a heads up on how to get back on the road.

(click on the image to see larger view)

It was interesting to tell him the road should wind around to the north or left as he was driving and suddenly a moment later he said sure enough the road is winding north. :) Or he said it looks like I'm passing batting cages and I said oh that's Converse Softball Complex keep going north. hehe It was great! :-D I definitely love Google maps!

Anyways, yesterdays (12/27/05) journey took him from Beaver, Utah to Laramie, Wyoming.

(click on the image to see larger view)

Well I gotta get back to work.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005


Sam is about 55 miles away from Laramie, WY. He said the roads are bad and he's not feeling so good. So he's going to stop in Laramie for the night. It's only 50 miles away from his goal so hopefully it doesn't put him back too far for tomorrow's schedule. If you think of him say a prayer. He's only half way to his final destination and not feeling good. The winds are high and he has poor cell reception. He said he'd call to confirm he made it to Laramie safely.

So I did this for my other friends, Marc and Jess, that moved out to Rhinelander Wisconsin. Sam has been on the phone with me here and there throughout the day and with the help of google maps I've helped him find certain things along the way. At this moment Sam is on the below stretch of road.

(click on the image to see larger view)

He is hoping to make it to Cheyenne Wyoming by tonight but the weather threatens to stop that from happening. It's been fun following him along the way. Getting visuals of where he's at. I'm not sure if I'll be privileged with it the entire trip but for today its been fun.

The first day (12/26/05) of sam's journey was from Riverside, CA. to Beaver, UT.

(click on the image to see larger view)

Zoey started to make things miserable for him so he stopped earlier then expected. I will try to post day by day of the trip. Unless Sam request that I don't... Too bad he wasn't able to send pictures from his phone or I'd include the pictures like I did for Marc and Jess's trip out last year. hehe

Well as much as I don't want to... I should get back to work. I guess because of the holidays and it being a short week it's hard to focus on the job in front of me when there is so much more I'd rather be doing. hehe I'll update when I can.

P.S. Just got a call from Sam... He's heading into a mountain range and doesn't expect to have much reception there. So far the roads are clear but he's on mile 119 or something ;) and the clouds are dark ahead.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Sam just left my house in his packed truck... We were both blubbering and trying to just know that we really are only a phone call away... My eyes hurt from all the crying. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel. It's been coming for so long I thought I was numb and would be numb until a day or so later. But nope... After helping him pack up his truck early this morning I went home, showered and he was heading up from saying his goodbyes to David and Tony. As soon as I saw him I was crying. I guess I realized this was it... He was leaving California. I am tearing up right now... Choking back tears. I love him. I'm going to miss him. We have already made plans to get me out there in the next couple months if not sooner. I so desperately want him to be here but I know this is something he needs to do. I just hope that the distance doesn't tear us apart. Right now it seems impossible. I think I'm going to go watch a movie and try to get my mind off of things.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I'm not feeling so hot. I'm moody. My stomach is upset and I have a headache. I guess the stress of Christmas and Sam moving might be getting to me. Maybe itís the holiday blues? I don't think that could be it because I usually love Christmas! I'm sad about Sam moving. We aren't getting as much time to hang out together as we would like and new developments are always coming up because everyone wants their time with Sam before he moves. Understandable but itís still frustrating. Iím going to miss him. I canít believe heís leaving in less then a week.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

My friend Rachel sent me the link above. I think it's a great way to help motivate during weight loss. Starting in January I am going to start taking my weight loss seriously. It's been insanely busy because of the holidays but I've at least started to cut back on some stuff. My goal is to put more energy into working out. With my schedule, working, spending every spare moment I have with Sam, or shopping for Christmas presents working out will have to wait till after the new year. The new girl at work has a lot in common with me and we're helping to motivate eachother to work towards losing weight. We're adding something new every week. I am excited for what lies ahead.

I think the reality of Sam moving is finally setting in. :( It's a bit overwhelming. I sometimes wish he'd decided to stay or only be gone for a few months. But I'm afraid that once he gets out there he will be there for a long time. Who knows? Well that's enough of that...

So today at noon we're closing up our office and driving to Riverside to Adam's Kart Track and will spend the remainder of our day having a blast racing go-karts! It was decided to be done for our office Christmas Party... Should be a blast! :-D I can't wait... I guess I should get back to work.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Oops, this was typed December 6, 2005 at 8:04pm

I'm listening to U2 - Actung Baby "One"

I have been in the mood to reflect. I have spent more time reading old entries then writing new ones. It's been a while since I've been inspired to write. This blog has become more of an events blow by blow then of my own personal thoughts on life and everything that goes along with it. I think partially because I'm afraid of what people my think or say about what it is I'm feeling. I know I've come to this conclusion before but I really miss the ability to feel truly free to open up... So again... I will try.

Life has been challenging me to face a lot of issues... I am realizing that I've exposed myself. I am now very vulnerable without hope of any answers until after the new year.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Typed November 27th, 2005 12:30pm

So we're back on the road. My brother is nice enough to let me use his laptop again. We just left Bozeman, Montana. The snow made a bit of a delay in our travels this morning. Right now the roads are clearer so we're back on track. It's been a whirlwind weekend! A lots of things have happened in the last few days. It's been a definite adventure.

My Grandma - My grandma broke her hip a couple days before our arrival. She went through surgery but had to go to an old folks home for physical therapy to help her work her hip. She was not going to be able to be home for Thanksgiving or the wedding, which was a disappointment for the whole family. Then the day we were to arrive, Thanksgiving Day, we were told she had taken a turn for the worse. She had really bad tremors and her blood was extremely thin because of the medication she was already on for other issues she was dealing with. They were concerned that if she hit herself at all that she would bleed to death because they wouldn't be able to stop the bleeding. So she was taken to the emergency room.

The next morning we werenít given good news. She took a turn for the worse. She was placed in ICU. Her tremors were so bad and her blood levels (?) were even lower. And it turned out that she had Pneumonia on top of everything else. They were concerned she had bleeding in the brain or meningitis. They had to partially paralyze her to calm her tremors down and intubated (?sp) and strapped her arms down. It was pretty scary. They ran a catscan and found no bleeding in the brain which was good. She apparently had an infection which was causing the tremors and so they pumped her body full of antibiotics. The Pneumonia was because they hadn't noticed the fluid in her lungs when she came out of her original surgery. They took her off the breathing machine and they got her blood levels up.

The last few days were pretty intense emotions over the condition of my grandma. We went to see her yesterday and today. Yesterday she was still in ICU but luckily this morning on our way out of town we stopped by the hospital again and she's out of ICU and looked sooo much better. It made it easier to leave knowing she was healing so well. She looked healthy and alert. The way I remember her looking two years ago when I last visited.

My cousin Kerriís wedding Ė The wedding was last night at 4:00pm. We had decorated the day before. With all the concern over grandma we didnít have my Aunt Darlene around for guidance so we decorated blindly. Luckily my cousin Joey was there to lead us and she had enough understanding of her moms ideas that when my Aunt Darlene showed up she was impressed with where we had gotten in the decorations. That night we went out to the local bar, The Bear Trap. It was the location for the rehearsal dinner but as soon as that was done we started into the fun. They had karaoke. It was a lot of fun! We had a great time talking, laughing, drinking, singing karaoke and dancing (on the bar! Donít worry, I got pictures hehe). I enjoyed watching people making fools of themselves. hehe My cousins got smashed! I got tired of the smoke and decided I wanted to go home at around midnight. My Aunt came to pick me up and my brother and sister joined me but my cousins stayed to close up the bar! Hehe

So the next morning my brother, sister and her kids decided to go out and see my grandma at the hospital. After that we decided to get some food and that took a lot longer then we had expected and so by the time we got back to our motel we had just enough time to get ready for the wedding! We got there a few minutes late! And I was stuck taking video of the ceremony. Afterwards it seemed to go rather quickly and I spent most of my time hanging out with my nieces and nephews and my cousins Clint and Joey.