First I must say Happy Birthday to my beautiful niece Amber!!! She makes me feel old! lol
So my standard Friday night "date" ditched me. Had better plans I guess. pfft. ;) haha Just kidding. She had a friends birthday party and invited me to go but I decided with the busy weekend ahead of me I needed the downtime. I'm getting better at making "me" time. I'm watching Harry Potter in the background and veggin in the living room. Mike is over helping Heidi and my brother Brian has spent his Thanksgiving in Argentina so I have to place to myself.My Thanksgiving
was a blast! My first turkey turned out great! My family and Brandie gave me an "A". lol I had so much fun playing hostess to my family for Thanksgiving. My friend Brandie came over too. It was a really nice day overall. Everyone was in obliging, upbeat moods. I got up early to make sure the house was clean and ready to go for my family. I took lots of pictures. Everyone laughed as I took pictures of my first turkey. Maybe I'll post a couple of them. :) I'm thoroughly enjoying my nice clean house right now!My Future Home
- It's amazing how much you appreciate a place when you know you're going to be leaving it soon. I've always loved this house. It's taken me too long to get truly settled only to find out at the end of the lease (which is at the end of May) my brother wants to move. So where does this leave me? Honestly I've spent a couple weeks trying to weigh my options. I could try to make it out on my own but my finances are such that I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that until my debt is paid off.
My mom is anxious to have me move back in with her. She knows this is something I don't necessarily *want* to do so she's offered to have me stay with them for a cheap rate so I can pay off my debt faster and then move out on my own after maybe 6 months or so. The rate that they will charge me for a room is almost too good to pass up. But I struggle with the idea of living with my parents again. I love my parents, and we get along fine but I've enjoyed being out on my own.
It's a few months away so we'll see how things work out. But this just makes me more determined to host a party/bbq of some sort at this place before it's moving time. Maybe within the first couple of months into the new year.New Years Resolutions
(perhaps a month early) - Speaking of the new year. I've been thinking a lot about New Years Resolutions. It seems that I've already come to some resolutions. And as cliché as they may sound I'm more determined then ever. One being my finances. Taking control of my debt and focusing on paying it off. The other is getting back on track with losing weight. Life has been so chaotic that I've stopped any routine of exercise and I've noticed the difference.Compliance Specialist
- My new title at work! I got a promotion! All that studying paid off! (Still no letter letting me know if I'm certified or not.) I'm really excited about this new role. I have a lot to clean up and catch up on but I'm looking forward to the challenge. It'll be interesting not having to deal with the daily queue, not having to close! That will be wonderful! Though I have to wait till the new girl is trained before I can change my schedule, but still... It won't be long. I'm very excited.Tomorrow
- I have to get up at the buttcrack of dawn to get my oil changed. I want it out of the way. And I've promised a family that I would feed their cats this weekend so I'm going to do that in the morning after that. My dad has promised to come over and help with the last couple items I wanted put up in my room and some other odds and ends. I have a family portrait to take late tomorrow afternoon, then feed the cats again. And since my "date" ditched me tonight she's gonna come hang out tomorrow night. lolVacation
- So I finally get my vacation! I have to work Monday but my vacation is from the 2nd through the 8th. I plan on taking a couple days and going down to my timeshare in Anaheim. I'm definitely going to Disneyland. I was joking with Heidi and Mike with that cheesy Disneyland commercial... "Charity, you just got a promotion! What are you going to do now?!.... I'm going to Disneyland!!!" lol Andie is gonna come with since she's never been to California Adventures! Craziness! I am going to go see OURS at the Roxy with my friend Jimi on Saturday the 6th. Other then that I plan on vegging. I'm sure my time will fill up quickly.
Anyways, if I have to be up to get my oil changed I should probably head to bed. Maybe I'll upload some pictures tomorrow or Sunday if I have time. Oh and thanks to everyone who sent me text messages wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all had a great one yourselves.
Labels: Rambling, Thanksgiving, Updates
I'm thinking it's about time for an update. So much is going on as usual, which means I have no clue where to begin.Thanksgiving
- I'm waiting for my dough to set so I can bake the rest of my cookies. I'm making my very first turkey this Thanksgiving! My parents asked if we could do thanksgiving at my place since they are still getting settled into theirs. I told them no problem and this was as good a time as any to learn how to make a turkey. :) My dad is coming over tomorrow night to help me with the stuffing and prep work (which means I need to get stuff done tonight so it's ready for him tomorrow). He made me promise to have a batch of cookies waiting for him and only him. lolTwilight
- Ok so I have to come clean... I'm an addict. I can't get enough. I love Twilight. I love Edward (not necessarily Rob Pattison but the character). I couldn't wait for the movie. I went to the midnight showing and then again the next day for a friends birthday outing. I loved, loved, LOVED it! I thought the movie was awesome. They did a great job of keeping close to the book (though only a handful of my friends were dissapointed, most felt the same as me) it was an excellent representation of the book and I can't wait to see more! I hear they have the go ahead to make the next movie and I'm really excited! I plan on rereading the series. The books are excellent. I only hope Stephanie Meyer will change her mind about not finishing "Midnight Sun" (which is the first book from Edwards perspective). Yeah you could say I'm a fanatic, twilight geek, whatever. :)Work
- So I have yet to get my letter letting me know whether or not I'm a certified AAP. I'm supposed to hear by the end of the month so I'm trying to be patient in waiting. Work has been a bit hectic and crazy for me. Mostly in a good way. I've had a lot of added tasks, giving me something new and challenging which I've been enjoying. I am looking forward to getting it all organized and under control. But for now my days flash by me.
This last week has been full of emotional ups and downs. Granted, I am pmsing. But just lots of stuff going on in my life. I have a lot to consider in the coming months. I would share but it's getting late and I should get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a long and busy day!
Anyways, the night has passed, my movie (Narnia) just ended, the cookies are packed away and I'm debating on whether to put the bread for the stuffing in the oven to dry out rather then on the counters.
Labels: Rambling, Random, Thanksgiving, Updates
I was just emailing my friend Matt and got some clarity to my mood. It might be tacky to post part of my email to him but it just came out right... "Anyways right now I'm struggling. Not sure what emotions I'm feeling. Tension. Moodiness. I'm a little pissy and I'm not sure why. I have no good reason to be. So I'm reading a book. Getting away from my thoughts. Avoiding reality. Maybe its post-passing-blues hehe I've spent so long studying that now I'm on the downer side of it all. Still haven't seen the raise, or the promotion so it's kind of like all that work for nothing. Hm..."
Tonight I couldn't do anything... Watching tv couldn't hold my interest. Myspace or Facebook couldn't hold my interest. The only thing that's made me smile is my book "Twilight". I've read the entire series but I'm trying to reread the first book before the movie comes out in a week and a half.
I will say that having my parents staying at my place hasn't been bad at all. I've been spoiled with good food. Though I hadn't realized how much I utilize my office. And as much as there have been minor inconveniences this whole experience has been pretty stress free. Tomorrow since I'm off my dad is going to help me put up some stuff. I unpacked a few of the pictures I kept in boxes. I'm looking forward to getting stuff up. They are officially moving out this Saturday. I will be glad to get life back to some form of a normal pattern.
Anyways, that's all for now... I'll give more of an update when I'm in a better mood.
Labels: Rambling, Random, Updates
Hello World! Did you miss me?!
I wasn't too sure I'd blog even after I was done with my AAP exam. But here I am... Oh and I'm now no longer a blond! I would say I'm a brunette but it has quite a bit of red to it too! So far people either love it or think I make a better blond. No one has said they hate it. I will gradually go back to blond but it's nice for a change.Poet Sky 10/11/08
- So I took some pics of Poet Sky. It was seriously a 10 minute shoot and I thought the shots turned out pretty good. And it helps that the guys in the band are all good looking. AAP Exam 10/29/08
- So... Short Version - I'm happy to say that I passed my AAP exam!!!!!(Long Version)
It's an "unofficial pass" though. So I'm not exactly sure what that means. I've narrowed it down to a few options.
- This is the first time they've done electronic testing so they may say its unofficial just in case there is a computer error and they can confirm everything processed correctly.
- The certification is handed out based on how many applicants pass, and if there are a lot then they pick the top scoring applicants.
- They just want to make us sweat it out till we get the official certificate in the mail! lol
No clue which is the right answer. I was told they *may
* be grading on a curve. So if that's the case then idea 2 is most likely the answer. So I won't know if I'm AAP Certified until the end of November. But my goal was to pass the test and I did that! A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders! This test has been looming over my head for the last 5 months and has been in the forefront of my mind for the last month! I have no idea what to do with myself! No constant nagging of how I should be studying, doing flash cards, taking practice tests or reading. I can go home and veg GUILT FREE!
I've had so many people praying over this test and my confidence would waver back and forth on whether or not I could do this. I decided my best bet was to worship all the way down to the test so I could keep my mind off of it and on God. And it helped, every time I wasn't fully submersed in worship my stomach was in knots. I knew God has brought me this far, I had so many people praying for me and I truly had done all I could to study to the best of my ability so I felt there was nothing more to do then just sit down and take the test.
Anyways, the day of the test I got there WAY early. The testing center was in Riverside. I sat at the computer station and read the first question and went into panic mode. I took a deep breath and said another quick prayer for God's help. The test was completely different then I expected. I had been given warnings that it was a tough test and that they word things in such a way as to trick you (or I should say make sure you truly understand the concept of ACH payments). But I was shocked at how seriously close each answer was! I went through each question answering to the best of my understanding, marking the ones I wasn't confident about (which was like half the test!). Once I completed all 120 questions (20 of which are pilot questions that wouldn't be scored) I went back through the ones I marked being sure to read the question very carefully. I was happy I went back through because as I took the test I got more comfortable with the type of questioning and wording and I picked up on things when I went back through. I kept most of the same answers but a couple I knew without a shadow of a doubt I needed to change my answer. The test took me 2 hours and 15 minutes.
I went out and waited for them to print my results and honestly I wasn't sure what to expect. I really was waiting to hear I had failed and that I would have to explain to my work that I didn't pass. But the girl said congratulations, you passed. I practically fainted! No joke... I got weak and a bit teary eyed. I've wanted this so much. I've focused all my energies on this for so long I was in shock that it was over and I got a great outcome to all my hard work.
I immediately went outside with a HUGE grin on my face and called my supervisor to tell her the good news. She said she knew I could do it and congratulated me. I made all the necessary calls and text messages on my way back to the office.Here's the coolest part!
So I walk in to my office. I wasn't sure what to expect but I said hello and walked to my cubicle where I was greeted by my entire department jumping out at me yelling "Congratulations!" with streamer poppers flying at me, camera taking a picture of my reaction! I was shocked! They even had a banner congratulating me and decorated my desk with candy and little streamers. There was a card signed by the entire office! I was in shock! I felt so completely and utterly special! I mean seriously!? How awesome is that to have happen!? I'm gonna remember that one for a long time! :) Here are a couple snapshots from my cell... I am patiently waiting for Tina to send me the pics she took from her camera.Wedding Shoot
- So I have a wedding shoot tomorrow! The CEO of Alliance is getting married and asked me to take the pics! It's a paying gig too. I'm really excited and nervous at the same time. It's at Thatcher Manor in Perris Ca. Sadly it looks like it might rain tomorrow. So pictures should be fun! (Um... yeah) But the place is rather pretty so I'm hoping the weather cooperates!Thursday 10/30/08
- I had to open so I was up at 4am to leave my house by 5am to be at work at 6am. The day was busy. I got off work at 3pm and had to grab some food on my way to the rehearsal. I got there an hour early but asked if I could come in and get the layout of the place for photo ideas.
Here are a few of the pictures I took.
Here are a couple pictures of the happy couple
I was thrilled I was done so early. I called my friend Ludek on my way home. He is so awesome. He's lending me all his fancy camera equipment so I can get the best possible shots for the wedding tomorrow! He has my same camera model so I am able to use his external flash and gigantore lens! I was so happy when he said he had no issues with me using it. He's such a generous person. I'm thankful for his friendship.
I was heading home sooner then I expected so I stopped by my friend Andie's house to come up with a last minute costume for the Halloween Potluck at work. I got home at about 8:30 and started baking cookies till 11:00pm when I finally decided it was time to crash.At the Moment
- As I'm typing this there was a sudden downpour of rain. And I really do love the smell of rain! And my mom just overloaded me with some sugar. Bleh! My parents and sister are staying with me for the next week (possibly two). They had to be out of their place yesterday and the new place they are renting isn't available until the 5th at the earliest. So right now my parents are staying in my brother’s office. My sister is sleeping in my office. She wasn't supposed to have her kids this week but her ex-husband had an emergency with his other son. Derrek is in the hospital. It seems so strange that he's no longer part of my family. So for the night Bailey slept on my couch in the living room and Megan stayed with her other Grandma. My brother Brian has conveniently stayed out of the house during this entire transition.
A benefit to having my parents staying with me is that my mom is a fantastic cook! I'll get awesome home cooked meals for the first time in ages! And my dad has always been so willing to help me put stuff up. And one of the things I've neglected since moving into this new place is actually putting up all my decorations! My dad said he'd be happy to help but I'm not going to bug him this weekend. He's been through enough in having to deal with a transition placement at my house! I really do feel bad that my parents have to go through all this at their age.Alliance Halloween Potluck
- This potluck was a lot of fun. I'm not sure if it's because we actually took time to sit and talk and enjoy the conversation or what. Normally it feels so awkward, but I enjoyed myself.
Here are a couple pictures of the day. :)Life after the AAP Exam
- I need a vacation. I've spent so many months focusing all my extra energies on studying. Work has been a bit crazy because we're understaffed and I have had added responsibilities. Which has been cool but it's made every day at work a non-stop chaotic environment for me, just trying to fit it all into a routine and get everything done in a timely manner on a daily basis. It's always been a laid back job so it's not like I can't get over it. But yesterday after the potluck I started to lose it. I felt like if I didn't get peace and quiet I would scream! I think it's just that I've been telling myself... As soon as the test was over I would have time for myself and that hasn't happened. I've been almost MORE busy, taking pictures of Paul's rehearsal, baking cookies for a potluck, planning a costume, meeting up with Ludek to grab his equipment, helping my parents move and get situated, and then dealing with the concerns of taking good pictures for Paul's wedding! If it wasn't for my completely lazy day today (which hasn't been fully lazy as I have company) I think I would just want to shut down. I emailed my supervisor on my way out of work Friday and asked her to consider allowing me to take some time off. With the lack of help I know it's going to be difficult but I'm finding it difficult to concentrate and get things done.
And who knows, maybe all I needed was a day like today. A bit lazy and somewhat quiet (definitely not used to kids being in the house! haha My niece is running back and forth outside my room window playing with the dogs, not that it's bothering me, its just not ... quiet). I think of how my parents must feel though, living in limbo for a week or so and how annoying and uncomfortable that must be for them. I have NOTHING to complain about. So I'm trying to be as obliging as I can for their sakes.
Anyways, it’s taken me longer to add pictures to this post then I thought and I want to go help my mom with dinner. I know this is an extensive update. But hey, it’s been a month! What do you expect from the blogging addict? Bye for now…
Labels: A Chair's Photography, Photoshoots, Pictures, Rambling, Updates